The West have reported that the self-proclaimed greatest band in the world Tenacious D are looking to head back to Australia in early 2013. For anyone lucky enough to have caught Kyle Gass and Jack Black opening up for their close friends the Foo Fighters late last year, you may recall ‘The D’ saying they would return soon with their full-on stage show.
Now with the release of Tenacious D’s latest record Rize of the Fenix, the rocking comedy duo has a solid reason to return to Australia.
“We’d love to come back Down Under. We opened for the Foo Fighters and that was a lot of fun, but we didn’t play any songs from our new album because it hadn’t been released. Nothing has been confirmed, but we’d like to come down early next year, probably around February,” Jack Black said.
The timing would also mean that Tenacious D are in Australia around the same time as Soundwave 2013. Although Soundwave boss AJ Maddah has said it’s unlikely (see tweet embedded below) it’s now looking possible that the ‘Mighty D’ will be a part of the festival.
@JalenForty Doubt it.
— AJ (@iamnotshouting) June 11, 2012
- Watch Weird Al Yankovic And His Tacky Mates Parody Pharrell’s ‘Happy’
- Sleeping With Sirens Part Ways With Guitarist Jesse Lawson
- Sylosis Members Hospitalised Following RV Crash, Cancel Remaining Shows
- Bring Me The Horizon Release Music Video For New Single ‘Can You Feel My Heart’
- Sharks Abruptly Announce Their Break-Up, Effective Immediately
- Tenacious D Hijack New Zealand Weather Report