If there ever was a week where a boilover happened on the ARIA Charts this year, this is it.
Fans of Brisbane hardcore rockers The Amity Affliction have been out in force this week, and as a result, the band’s new album Chasing Ghosts entered at No.1 on the ARIA album charts this week.
Not only is it a great win for the local metal scene, but what made their efforts even more impressive was that the band edged out the heavily-promoted new albums from Sydney electro stars The Presets and UK buzz band The xx to get top spot. Prior to release day last week, one of these records would have been an absolute shoo-in for No.1 if you were a betting man.
The band themselves were equally as shocked (and stoked) – posting the following statement on their Facebook page:
“Holy shit, we can’t even believe it. We just found out we hit NUMBER 1 on the ARIA Charts with Chasing Ghosts!!! This is absolutely overwhelming! To every single one of you, you guys made this happen for us and we want to thank you from the bottom of our hearts. We never thought anything like this was ever within our reach so thank you once again! See you guys on tour!! X”
In summary, this week’s chart result reads like this: Metalheads and emo kids 1, Dance lovers and hipsters 0.
- The Amity Affliction Release Official ‘Open Letter’ Video Clip
- Live It Up 2013 – RNA Showgrounds, Brisbane 13/04/2013
- Live It Up Festival Release Timetable Info
- Bowie Tops Charts Worldwide Apart From Australia, Beaten By Bon Jovi
- Live It Up Festival Gets “Out Of Hand” Adding Northlane, Bombs Away & Second Stage