Some terribly sad news has come through today. The very much loved Angels frontman Doc Neeson has been admitted to hospital on account of a recently discovered brain tumour.
The severity of the situation is immediately clear. According to The Music Network, Neeson is to begin chemo and continue treatment for the next 6 months. This means that the announced support slot the band was to fill for Guns N Roses’ Australian tour has been scrapped. All other shows have also been cancelled.
The band’s management released the following statement on the news: “The Angels would like to thank all the fans for their continued support and we wish Doc all the best for his treatment during this difficult time. The Angels look forward to seeing everyone again once Doc is given the all clear to return to the stage.”
- Arcade Fire’s California Shows Had Marriage Proposals And Hard Rock Covers
- Watch Guns N Roses’ Tribute To Doc Neeson
- Australian Music Industry Mourns Doc Neeson
- The Angels Frontman Doc Neeson Dead At 67
- That Time Axl Rose Killed A Moth By Shooting It With A Rifle
- Doc Neeson Reveals Return Of Brain Tumour