The Flaming Lips frontman, Wayne Coyne, is pleading for forgiveness from Erykah Badu after she slammed him on Twitter for releasing a raunchy video of her and her sister.
Badu and her sister Nayrok teamed up to film a bathtub scene for their single The First Time Ever I Saw Your Face, which featured a lot of nudity, trippy effects, glitter and milk.
The video went up on Pitchfork, and was taken down the next day. It led to Badu calling Coyne “an ass” and started a Twitter war between the duo, which you can read more about here.
According to Diffuser, the Flaming Lips released the following statement:
“The video link that was erroneously posted on Pitchfork by the Flaming Lips of the Music Video ‘The First Time I Ever Saw Your Face’, which features Erykah Badu, is unedited and unapproved.. Sorry!! We, the Flaming Lips, accept full responsibility for prematurely having Pitchfork post it. It has outraged and upset a segment of fans and we apologize if we offended any viewers!!! This is a Flaming Lips video which features Erykah Badu and her sister Nayrok and is not meant to be considered an Erykah Badu or Nayrok statement, creation, or approved version.”
Here is the revealing video in question, which is still up on Perez.TV.
- The Flaming Lips To Release ‘Record Store Day’ Goodies, Including A Stone Roses Cover Album
- Wayne Coyne Kicked Off Instagram Again, But Not For Long…Again
- The Ke$ha-Flaming Lips Collab Album Isn’t Happening
- Erykah Badu Announces Headlining Australian Tour Dates
- Watch The Flaming Lips Cover Tame Impala’s ‘Elephant’