The Rolling Stones have been confirmed to headline this year’s Glastonbury Festival by fellow English rockers Kasabian. While speaking with MTV, Serge Pizzorno let the news slip while speaking about Kasabian’s upcoming set at competing festival Hard Rock Calling.
“I hope ours is the most talked-about performance of the weekend, but that would be a miracle because The Rolling Stones are playing Glastonbury,” Pizzorno told MTV.
Last year Keith Richards told BBC that The Rolling Stones would most likely perform more shows during 2013, celebrating the band’s 50th anniversary and continuing on from last year’s gigs in London and The States.
Given that the standard ticket price for Glastonbury is £205 (AU$300.63) it might be the cheapest Rolling Stones ticket going when factoring in the 4-day festival’s always-colossal line-up. Last year’s Rolling Stones’ gigs cost up to £950 (AU$1446) for the deluxe VIP package.
- Watch The Rolling Stones’ Adelaide Stage Invader Get Nailed By Security
- The Rolling Stones Release Extra Tickets For ’14 On Fire’ Australian Tour
- Rolling Stones Add British India, The Preatures To Australian Tour
- Watch Kasabian Mash Up ‘Sesame Street’ With The Beach Boys On ‘Like A Version’
- Kasabian – Sydney, Hordern Pavilion 10/08/14
- Kasabian Announce The Delta Riggs As Australian Tour Support