What we did before Twitter I have no clue. DJ Superstar, Tiesto, has let slip that he is playing this year’s Stereosonic Festival, set to take place in November and January. Ellie Gonsalves tweeted the European sensation “@tiesto I’m in AUS at the moment, but will be here in Nov! Are you playing in Sydney/Melbourne?” The DJ responding “I love Aussies!!:) I am headlining the @stereosonic festival so come by!” . Aww Tiesto, we love you too.
Stereosonic is not known for bringing out a fresh, dynamic and different line-up each year, with Tiesto last headlining in 2010, and have maintained acts such as Carl Cox for many years. However, despite the lack of line-up differentiation like the other Australian festivals, Stereosonic is quickly becoming Australia’s biggest festival, noticeably packing out ANZ Stadium last year for the hottest act on last year-s line-up, Avicii (who was playing an afternoon slot).
Having just announced two intimate DJ sets for Sydney, the addition of Avicii on this year’s line-up would not be a surprise, however talk has risen about the possibility of the Swedish Superstar headlining the 2013 Boiler Room at Big Day Out.
With Tiesto headlining this year’s festival, it’s sure to be an even bigger and better one, it’ll be time to get the fake tan out soon. The video-clip for his smash hit Zero76 was filmed at the 2010 Stereosonic; watch below for the more than astounding footage.
- TomorrowWorld USA 2014 Lineup Gets First Artist Announcement
- Deadmau5 Trolls Avicii & Martin Garrix Onstage At Ultra Music Festival
- Tiësto Concussed After Onstage Collision, Forced To Cancel Shows
- Tiësto Says He’s Better Than Daft Punk: “I’m Destroying Them Now”
- Electric Daisy Carnival Hits London With Tiësto, Avicii, Steve Angello And More
- 92 People Arrested At Stereosonic Melbourne