Another dead musician hologram idea is being thrown around. This time it’s the RnB girl group TLC, who are reported to be putting together a reunion tour in the US – resurrecting third member Lisa ‘Left Eye’ Lopes, who died in a car accident in Honduras just over ten years ago today.
TMZ reports that the other two members, Tionne ‘T-Boz’ Watkins and Rozonda ‘Chilli’ Thomas, have been planning the ten-year anniversary, and want to incorporate Lopes’ vocals into the live shows, while projecting her image on a big screen, taking inspiration from the recent Tupac Shakur hologram at Coachella.
TLC released their last album, 3D back 2002, just after the death of Lisa Lopes. A documentary about her final days, which included footage of the accident, was made in 2007.
Earlier this week Jackie Jackson of the Jackson 5 spoke to The Sun about a possible world tour that could see his late brother Michael Jackson come back as a hologram: “Wouldn’t that be wonderful? As a matter of fact, we had that idea two years ago for Michael’s Cirque du Soleil show”. However, that could take some time to happen as there is a fair amount of negotiating and politics over the Jackson estate.
- Tupac’s Godmother First Woman To Make FBI Most-Wanted Terrorists List
- TLC To Play Festival Comeback Gig, May Include ‘Left Eye’ Lopes Hologram
- Tupac Poem Used In Ford Commercial (Possibly Without Permission From Shakur’s Estate)
- TLC Announce Plans For First Album In 10 Years
- Entech Connect 2012 – Musion Hologram Technology