Two Door Cinema Club announced that they will release their highly anticipated second album titled Beacon this September, the follow-up to their 2010 album Tourist History, which saw them visit Australia last year. The new album was recorded in LA this past April with acclaimed producer Jacknife Lee (Bloc Party, U2, REM) in his home studios.
So far the tracks have been described as being ‘heartfelt’ and showcasing a ‘stunning depth of songwriting and a broader, maturer sound’. Frontman Alex Trimble has spoken about the change between writing and recording their first album saying:
“Beacon is a much more intimate record than our first, but at the same time, it’s much bigger and more inclusive. Trying to find that balance has been our goal for a long time and this record takes us one step closer to the band we’ve dreamt of becoming.”
“Working with Jacknife Lee was a joy and a pleasure. He shared our goals and played a huge part in putting the pieces together in the right way. This is an exciting time for us and we can’t wait to share the songs with everyone.”
Beacon will get its Australian release on 7th September; hopefully we can expect some summer shows to follow.
- Next Year
- Wake Up
- Sleep Alone
- The World Is Watching (with Valentina)
- Foals Added To Splendour 2014 After Headliner Cancels
- Two Door Cinema Club Cancel Splendour 2014 Headline Slot: Report
- Splendour 2014 Lineup Announcement
- Two Door Cinema Club Announce New EP ‘Changing Of The Seasons’
- Win A Boat Cruise With Two Door Cinema Club
- Southbound Festival 2013 Set Times Announced