Just as everyone prepares to wrap their head around the awesomeness of Soundwave 2013, organisers have dropped a massive bombshell via the big screen at RNA Showgrounds where the Brisbane leg took place today. Vans Warped Tour will be returning Down Under, and it’s gonna happen this year.
According to Triple M, the message popped up during Blink 182‘s set and it has sent chills of joy through many of us. The last time Vans Warped Tour was in town was back in 2001, so its comeback is long overdue and shouldn’t be too much of a shock given that it recently branched out to the UK, so it shows they’re scheming.
We can tell you that it will be taking place Friday, 13th December, but we can’t tell you who will be performing just yet. The US brand of Warped will be kicking off this April and features the likes of Reel Big Fish and The Used. Can we expect something similar? We’ll have to wait and see.
— Triple M Rock News (@triplemrocknews) February 23, 2013
- AJ Maddah Plans Shake-Up For Australian Warped Tour 2014
- EXCLUSIVE: The Used New LP Out March 2014 Via “Revolutionary” Label GAS Union
- New Empire Added To Warped Tour Australia Sydney Lineup
- Warped Tour Australia Set Times Released
- The Summer Set Drop Out Of Warped Tour Brisbane