Green Day’s Billie Joe Armstrong let rip at the organisers of the iHeart Radio Festival in Las Vegas last night after they decided to cut Green Day’s set 20 minutes short to make time for Usher. According to Ninemsn, the band were about to play songs from their upcoming album “Uno!” when a one-minute-to-go warning came up on a teleprompter. Armstrong responded by stopping mid song and attacking the organisers.
“Fuck this shit. Give me a fucking break. One minute left. One minute fucking left. You’re gonna give me one fucking minute? Look at that fucking sign right there — one minute,” Armstrong yelled.
He continued by having a dig at teen pop singer Justin Bieber before smashing his guitar and leaving the stage.
“I’ve been around since fucking 198-fucking-8. And you’re gonna give me one fucking minute? You’ve gotta be fucking kidding me! You’re fucking kidding me. What the fuck! I’m not fucking Justin Bieber, you motherfuckers.”
Watch the incident play out below…
“We’d like to do some clubs as well as playing in the bigger places…That’s an experience we haven’t had in Australia since the first time we have been there, playing the 300 to 500 seaters. Australian crowds go off – so being in that small a room would be a lot of fun.”
- Psy Responds To Billie Joe Armstrong Calling Him “The Herpes Of Music” By Thanking Him
- Green Day’s Billie Joe Armstrong Says PSY Is “The Herpes Of Music”
- Watch: Green Day’s Live Return At SXSW
- Billie Joe Armstrong Writing Songs For Revamped Shakespeare Play
- Green Day, Nine Inch Nails, Tame Impala & More Headed For Reading And Leeds Festival 2013