Damon Albarn has treated fans to what is being mooted as a new song from his band Blur during his performance at London’s ‘Poetry Olympics.’
According to Diffuser, after picking up an acoustic guitar, Albarn “introduced the tune with a barely audible (on the YouTube video, at least) comment, which got the tiniest of laughs from the (likely totally enamored) crowd.” The song apparently featured a repetitive two-chord strum pattern and ‘playful’ vocals on top – along with a sing-a-long towards the end, which the crowd picked up on.
Blur fans may have been surprised by the performance of the tune – after NME reported last month that Albarn put an end to the band’s recording sessions with producer William Orbit as he wasn’t happy with the results.
Blur are slated to play a concert to mark the Closing Ceremony of the REAL London Olympics in Hyde Park on August 12 – so who knows, this track may just make its way into the set.
Watch the video of Damon Albarn’s new song here:
- Damon Albarn Says There’s No Time To Finish New Blur Record
- Damon Albarn Solo Album ‘Everyday Robots’ Announced
- Governors Ball 2014 Announces Killer Lineup
- Damon Albarn Releases Teaser For First Solo Album, Due 2014
- Blur’s Big Day Out Replacements To Be Revealed Today