If you were in the audience for Lana Del Rey‘s Sydney show on Thursday night – we envy you. A lot.
The songstress – who is in the country for Splendour In The Grass – debuted a cover of Nirvana‘s Heart-Shaped Box – naturally sending the crowd at the Enmore Theatre wild.
Instead of the grungy guitars – Del Rey flipped the song on its head and filled it with loads of sweeping swings, giving it a really distinct flavour.
Heart-Shaped Box has a special place in Del Rey’s… err… heart – she previously told radio station Sirius FM the song had a huge impact on her growing up.
“When I was 11, I saw Kurt Cobain singing Heart Shaped Box on MTV and it really stopped me dead in my tracks. I thought he was the most beautiful person I had ever seen. Even at a young age, I really related to his sadness.”
Watch the video below – captured by a lucky punter in the front row. Lana Del Rey performs at Splendour In The Grass in Byron Bay tonight at 8.30pm in the GW McLennan Tent.
- #Lana Del Rey
- Lana Del Rey Unveils New NSFW ‘Tropico’ Trailer
- Lana Del Rey Shares Trailer For Upcoming Short-Film ‘Tropico’
- Lana Del Rey Mopes About Second Album: “I Don’t Really Hear A Next One”
- New Lana Del Rey Leak ‘Baby Blue Love’ Surfaces Online
- Lana Del Rey Says Upcoming Short Film ‘Tropico’ Is Her “Farewell Project”