Features

PREMIERE: Listen To TILD’s Bristling New Single ‘Wasting Time’

Sydney grunge rockers TILD’s latest ‘Wasting Time’ – which we’re premiering here at Music Feeds today – is an introspective dissection around pursuing a mundane life, out of a fear of actually taking control and living. In the same musical ballpark as DZ Deathrays or Violent Soho, ‘Wasting Time’ juxtaposes those ideas with fuzzed-out guitars and lively, driving percussion, bristling with a sense of urgency.

That said, the band say the songwriting process for ‘Wasting Time’ took quite a while – while they smashed out the first 80% in around 15 minutes, the remaining 20% took half a year to complete.

“We chopped and changed the structure numerous times. With as song as simple as this, its really important every instrument supports the other. The track didn’t find it’s final form until one week before we headed into the studio,” they explain.

The band went on to record the track at The Jungle in Sydney alongside producer Lachlan Mitchell, who has worked on recordings by the likes of The Jezabels and The Vines.

“The recording process was very smooth,” the band say “Working with the wizard Lachlan Mitchell really brought this track to life.”

‘Wasting Time’ follows a steady string of singles from TILD like ‘Slowly’, ‘Wolf’ and – most recently – ‘Make Up’ earlier this year. Since they debuted back in 2019, the band have spent a considerable amount of time in the studio and on the road, where they’ve supported the likes of British India and The Dead Love.

Stream ‘Wasting Time’ below.

Latest on Music Feeds

Load more