Custom styles

Image for Brian Johnson Says AC/DC 2014 Tour “Very Likely”

Brian Johnson Says AC/DC 2014 Tour “Very Likely”

Written by Nastassia Baroni on June 20, 2014

Following his assurances that legendary Australian hard rock band AC/DC are continuing to make music despite Malcolm Young taking leave due to illness, frontman Brian Johnson says the band are “likely” to tour before the end of the year.

Johnson made the announcement directly to fans in a brief statement on his motor racing website while thanking supporters of his Cars That Rock TV series. “Cars That Rock was my first ever go at presenting a TV series – and even though it may not show, I was real nervous. So am very relieved that you all seem to be enjoying it.”

“We hope to bring you more shows in the near future but, of course, there is the slight distraction of my day job with AC/DC,” continues the singer, adding, “and it looks very likely that we will be on the road again before the end of the year.”

“So stand by for more music – and more Cars That Rock,” he concluded. Earlier this year, the band confirmed that founding member Malcolm Young is suffering from ill-health and will take a break from AC/DC.

News of the illness sprouted rumours the band would break up, but Johnson rubbished those claims, confirming that the band will be moving forward with new studio sessions to be overseen by Brendan O’Brien, who produced their 2008 album Black Ice.

It has been speculated that Malcolm’s nephew Stevie Young will be picking up his uncle’s Gretsch and joining the new AC/DC lineup as he did in 1988 on AC/DC’s Blow Up Your Video tour.

Join Music Feeds on Facebook

Ingage unit

Monitoring string

monitoring_string = "5ddc797c5ea15f4a20f5b456893873a5"

Tracking script

Nielsen