The new music video for Meghan Trainor‘s single Me Too was released on Monday, however only a few short hours after it was posted Trainor says she personally had the video taken down.
The video featured the Grammy-award winning singer cruising through Los Angeles, as well as various scenes of her dancing with some skinny backup dancers.
The singer, known for rallying against unrealistic body image – took to Snapchat to explain that she took the video down because she had been photoshopped in it without her own approval.
“Hey guys, I took down the Me Too video because they photoshopped the crap out of me, I’m so sick of it and I’m over it, so I took it down until they fix it,” she said. “My waist is not that teeny. I had a bomb waist that night, I don’t know why they didn’t like my waist, but I didn’t approve that video and it went out for the world, so I’m embarrassed.”
Trainor went on to say that she hoped that her team would fix the video so that it could go back online as soon as possible. “I told them to fix it A$AP Rocky because i’m going to Time Square to play for my fans so I hope they fix it for me, i’m sorry about this”.
See a compilation of her Snaps below, as well as a promotional still (presumably prior to the photoshop job) that Trainor posted on her Instagram a few days ago.
Meghan Trainor explicou em seu Snapchat o porquê apagou o videoclipe de “Me Too” da sua conta do YouTube. pic.twitter.com/l5aXTszD0s
— Site RDT Pop (@RDTPop) May 9, 2016
A photo posted by Meghan Trainor (@meghan_trainor) on