Last night we reported that Adele had canceled all shows to undergo surgery for a suspected vocal chord haemorrhage; now rumours are circulating online that she may actually have throat cancer. A number of news outlets have picked up on the story including Ninemsn musicfix and Entertainmentwise.com. No one is sure where the rumour actually started, but the topic started trending on Twitter last night tagged #prayforadele.
Last night Adele’s management issued a statement regarding the cancelled appearances saying:
It is with deep regret that Adele has been forced to cancel her remaining live dates and promotional appearances in 2011. She is to undergo surgery to alleviate the current issues with her throat – and a full recovery is expected.
Adele’s management have been contacted since then, but as of now have still not officially denied that she has throat cancer. If it is a rumour, it may have started as a misunderstanding to the fact she was having surgery for a vocal chord haemorrhage. However, a doctor has informed us that in most cases, a vocal chord haemmorhage can be treated with rest. The fact that any kind of throat surgery is a big risk for a singer has lead to speculation that it might be something worse.
We’ll keep you updated an soon as an official statement is made.
- Jack White Apologises For The Last Two Weeks
- Adele And PJ Harvey Awarded MBEs
- New Poll Shows Americans Agree On Nothing Except Dislike Of Justin Bieber
- 1 Billion Singles Downloaded In UK, Gotye Places In All-Time Top 10
- Watch: Our Last Night’s Mind-Blowing Cover Of Adele’s ‘Skyfall’
- Watch: Adam Hills Destroys Joan Rivers After Adele ‘Fat’ Remarks