When a proactive fan made contact with the band’s drummer Thomm Sonny mentioning just ‘Splendour?’ Sonny responded with ” :( “. So while there’s no official confirmation either way, a frowny face is never a good sign. Of course we could probably read into it even further – maybe it was a typo and he hasn’t noticed yet? Maybe he’s sad that they’ve been busted as the mystery band?
There were plenty of people who never thought it was Alt-J, with the obvious next favourite being Daft Punk, which probably isn’t happening. I’m going to throw my two cents in and say it’s going to be 30 Seconds To Mars who are way more indie now, and whose symbol is similar to ∆. If that’s right – you know where you saw it first.
— David W Christie (@davidwc1308) April 27, 2013
- Watch Alt-J’s Piercing Video For ‘Hunger Of The Pine’
- Hear Alt-J’s New Single ‘Left Hand Free’, The “Least Alt-J Song Ever”
- Alt-J Wrote “The Least Alt-J Song Ever” To Please US Label
- Listen To Alt-J’s Miley-Sampling New Single ‘Hunger Of The Pine’
- Alt-J To Release New Album ‘This Is All Yours’ This September