As Vans Warped Tour continues on through North America, the close-quarters and hot temperatures are clearly starting to take their toll, with The Amity Affliction frontman Joel Birch openly venting on stage about a new-found beef with Memphis May Fire vocalist Matty Mullins.
At around 60 seconds long, the fan-filmed video doesn’t give too much context but it’s overwhelmingly apparent that Birch is none too pleased with Mullins. “The other guys in Memphis May Fire are cool as fuck but Matty Mullins can get the fuck off Warped,” he can be heard saying.
At this point in time it’s unclear why Birch has launched the assault against his peer, though keyboard warriors seem to be in agreement that Mullins made unsavoury comments towards the female demographic in attendance. Birch also mentions that Glass Cloud drummer Chad Hasty, who Amity have enlisted for their US tour, has been subject to racist taunts at Warped, though whether the two situations are related is unknown.
Watch the video below and get ready for some nasty to and fro from all concerned.
Watch: Joel Birch (The Amity Affliction) berates Memphis May Fire vocalist Matty Mullins live at Warped
- The Amity Affliction Add New Shows To 2015 National Tour
- The Amity Affliction: “We’re Not Looking To Replace Troy”
- The Amity Affliction Say Guitarist Split Won’t “Slow Us Down”
- The Amity Affliction Split With Guitarist Troy Brady
- The Amity Affliction ‘The Weigh Downunder’ National Tour Announced
- The UNIFY Gathering Lineup Is Here, And It’s Heavy As Fuck