Montreal indie wonders Arcade Fire have finally confirmed what we’ve long suspected, with Win Butler and company admitting that the ‘Reflektor’ Instagram account belongs to them, as well as continuing to pimp out the date 9/9, posting another teaser for 9pm on the 9th September.
The band posted an image to the account (below), showing a banner attached to the front of a New York City building, reading “Arcade Fire 9pm 9/9″, indicating that the 7-piece are either really hot for Yoko Ono or, more likely, that they’ll be releasing more details or a single from their upcoming fourth studio album, which is set for release on 29th October.
Arcade Fire have been on the tease campaign for some time now, posting photos of the word ‘Reflektor’ inside a mysterious symbol tagged in different cities around the world, as well as launching the website TheReflektors.com and airing a sneaky trailer during Lollapalooza and Osheaga festivals.
The outfit will be bringing their incredible live show, which Rolling Stone called the fourth best live act in the world right now, to Australia next January when they headline the 2014 Big Day Out.
(via Electric Banana)
- Against Me! Singer Rips Apart Arcade Fire’s Defence Of ‘We Exist’ Clip
- Arcade Fire Respond To Against Me! Singer’s ‘We Exist’ Slam
- Against Me! Singer Likens Arcade Fire Video To Blackface
- Watch Foo Fighters’ Secret Gig Shut Down An Entire New Orleans Block
- That’s Beef: 11 Of The Lamest Feuds In Music