The Arctic Monkeys were booked to bring in the new year at the Falls Festival in Lorne, Victoria. Only problem was, someone forgot to tell them they were supposed to run the midnight countdown.
The band went on stage at 10:45pm and played a blistering set, but at 11:58pm they left the stage. Frontman Alex Tuner then returned to the stage at 12:01am and apologised to the crowd “Sorry we thought someone else had organised a countdown … let’s do one now then shall we?”.
The crowd didn’t seem to care and the party kicked on. Crystal Castles took to the main stage soon after and kept things pumping to the early hours of the morning.
Falls Festival ran from Dec 28th, 2011 – Jan 1st 2012 and included performances from The Kooks, Metronomy, Crystal Castles and Fleet Foxes, just to name a few.
View the complete Falls Festival 2011/2012 line-up.
- Alt-J Keyboardist Calls Alex Turner’s Brit Awards Speech “Self-Indulgent”
- Arctic Monkeys And David Bowie Clean Up At 2014 Brit Awards
- Arctic Monkeys Cover The Beatles In NYC
- Disclosure, Bastille Top 2014 Brit Awards Nominations
- Rage Reveal 50 Most Popular Videos Of 2013