The Arctic Monkeys were booked to bring in the new year at the Falls Festival in Lorne, Victoria. Only problem was, someone forgot to tell them they were supposed to run the midnight countdown.
The band went on stage at 10:45pm and played a blistering set, but at 11:58pm they left the stage. Frontman Alex Tuner then returned to the stage at 12:01am and apologised to the crowd “Sorry we thought someone else had organised a countdown … let’s do one now then shall we?”.
The crowd didn’t seem to care and the party kicked on. Crystal Castles took to the main stage soon after and kept things pumping to the early hours of the morning.
Falls Festival ran from Dec 28th, 2011 – Jan 1st 2012 and included performances from The Kooks, Metronomy, Crystal Castles and Fleet Foxes, just to name a few.
View the complete Falls Festival 2011/2012 line-up.
- Watch Arctic Monkeys’ New ‘AM’ Tour Mini Doco
- 9 Things Everyone’s Talking About After Reading & Leeds Festival 2014
- Arctic Monkeys Respond To Tax Avoidance Claims
- Josh Homme’s Awkward First Meeting With Arctic Monkeys Crushed Any “Cool-Guy BS”
- Arctic Monkeys Involved In Tax Avoidance Scheme
- Watch An Arctic Monkeys Fan Lose It In The ‘Snap Out Of It’ Video