Championed by former Future Classic label-man, James McInnes and Vic Edirisinghe and pumped by the good folks at Astral People, the boutique record label Plastic World is officially open for business, laying claim to Sydney duo, Alba, who will be the first artists to release through the label.
With a key focus on the bourgeoning underground electronic scene of Australia, Plastic World will also hold sway with international artists, facilitating a broad range of talent all set for release via limited edition 12″ vinyl. The label is sure to attract a solid amount of undiscovered talent on a count of their forward-thinking take on the game.
Top dogs McInnes and Edirisinghe have commented:
“The Australian dance and music scene is booming! Having both worked on a local and international level with artists we thought the time was right to launch our own thing and get some great sounding records out there. This has been a long time coming and we are both very excited about these next steps we are about to take.”
Alba (formerly Albatross) the first band to join the roster, has already built up a bit of hype. The duo’s Murder / Casper’s Theme EP found some serious connection with the fan base, a point driven home with their recent live performances opening for the likes of Four Tet, Mount Kimbie and Gold Panda.
Stay tuned for more updates on all the happenings from the brand spankin’ new label.
- Lauryn Hill, St. Vincent & More Added To Vivid LIVE 2014 Lineup
- Astral People Announce WITNESS 2014 Debut
- Astral People Announce New ‘Concept’ Club Series
- EXCLUSIVE: Watch ‘Since I Left You’ From OutsideIn Festival’s ‘Since I Left You’ Set
- EXCLUSIVE: Watch ‘Frontier Psychiatrist’ From OutsideIn Festival’s ‘Since I Left You’ Set
- Alba’s ‘Knokke / Law’ Marks First Official Release From Plastic World