This year’s Australian Music Prize (AMP) shortlist has been revealed. The highly sort after award brings both legitimacy and $30,000 to the recipient.
Leading 2012s short list is Goyte and Boy & Bear who between them won just about every Australian music award possible last year. However, neither band is sure-thing here with the AMP historically awarding the prize to smaller, less commercially viable acts. In that regard, fellow shortlisters The Jezabels and Adailita have every chance to walk away with the gong.
Here is the complete Short List
Design Desire – Abbe May
Adailta – Adailita
Moonfire – Boy & Bear
Making Mirrors – Gotye
Rrakala – Gurrumul
Hurtsville – Jack Ladder and the Dreamlanders
Prisoner – The Jezabels
Vow – Kimbra
I want that you are always happy – The Middle East
- The Jezabels, The Cat Empire Lead Inaugural Party In The Park Lineup
- The Basics’ New Song ‘The Lucky Country’ Is A Wake Up Call To Australia
- Sydney Festival 2015 Reveals Full Music Program
- Will There Really Be “No New Gotye Music”?
- Carlton Dry Independent Music Awards: Violent Soho, Courtney Barnett, Remi Win Big
- Gotye Says He’s Not Running For Parliament