Future Music Organisers announced last night that Swedish superstar DJ Avicii would no longer be performing at both last nights Brisbane event as well as his Perth show today. He has been suffering from stomach related issues which they have been monitoring, and was immediately hospitalised on landing in at Brisbane airport.
He’ll remain in hospital for the moment but organisers are confident that he will be ok enough to rejoin the tour in Sydney next week. Hardwell played an extended set last night Brisbane and it’s assumed that something similar will happen again tonight.
Avicii, is a 2x Grammy award nominee, and has proved himself in the world of EDM of late, since his explosive introduction to the scene in 2011. In such a relatively short time, Avicii has accomplished more than most artists would dream of in an entire lifetime.
Best known for his live performances that see him spin a string of international mega-hits including the worldwide phenomenon, Levels, Avicii is without a doubt one of the most widely demanded DJs on the planet.
Hopefully he’ll quickly be back behind the decks as we see him perform in Sydney’s Randwick Racecourse next Saturday. Future Music will not be offering refunds for today’s event.
Future Music 2013 Remaining Dates
Sunday, 3rd March
Arena Joondalup, Perth
Saturday, 9th March
Randwick Racecourse, Sydney
Sunday, 10th March
Flemington Racecourse, Melbourne
Monday, 11th March
Bonython Park, Adelaide
- Electric Daisy Carnival Hits London With Tiësto, Avicii, Steve Angello And More
- Interview: Boys Noize – Future Music Festival 2013
- Victoria Police Seek Power To Deny Drug Offenders Entry To Music Festivals
- Future Music Festival 2013 – Flemington Racecourse, Melbourne 10/03/2013
- BREAKING: Azealia Banks Cancels Set At Future Music Festival Adelaide Due To ‘Road Hags’