triple j Unearthed has revealed the five emerging independent acts that will be rounding off the lineup for Big Day Out 2013. Although Unearthed acts traditionally come on early, that’s no reason to sleep on these up and comers. As we all know, some of Australia’s most currently beloved acts rose through the ranks of Unearthed.
Sydney is in store for some beats with Kai Tan and Raph Dixon, collectively known as the hip hop duo Jackie Onassi. Melbourne will be rocked by garage born four-piece Apes. Indie act Jakarta Criers will be taking the stage at BDO on the Gold Coast. The Aves have South Australia covered while WA punk rockers will be frothing on FOAM.
These young outfits are now sharing a bill with some of the biggest bands in the world. Red Hot Chili Peppers, The Killers, Yeah Yeah Yeahs, Vampire Weekend and Band of Horses are headlining BDO 2013. Other exciting acts include Alabama Shakes, Childish Gambino, Death Grips, The Bloody Beetroots and so many more.
Head over to the Big Day Out website for tickets!
- Big Day Out 2014 Members Pre-Sale Sold Out
- Big Day Out 2014 Dates & Lineup Announcement Details Leaked
- Big Day Out 2014 Planning More Venue Changes
- Victoria Police Seek Power To Deny Drug Offenders Entry To Music Festivals
- Foals Announce New Australian Tour, September 2013