Sydney Morning Herald may have spilled the beans on a potential Splendour In The Grass 2013 addition. In a list of artists who have confirmed 2013 tours, SMH casually dropped Bob Dylan, who is yet to announce said tour.
The article randomly mentions that the 72-year-old will be performing at the Sydney Opera House and SITG this July, with Dylan’s name nestled amidst a horde of 70 older-generation artists who have confirmed Australian tours.
Needless to say, it will be totally awesome if this is the case, and it’s not so far-fetched – Splendour has a reputation for blending the old with the new, the best example being Brian Wilson of The Beach Boys back in 2006. Dylan is also currently all the rage on account of his new material.
We are still a couple of months out from the time when lineup rumours usually start. The official lineup tends to drop in April with the fest landing towards the end of July.
This time round, the festival will be taking place at its now-permanent home of North Byron Parklands. It’s shaping up to be a pretty big year, with the new digs, as well as the likes of Muse being thrown around as another potential headliner.
- Bob Dylan Adds Intimate Brisbane Club Show To Australian Tour
- These Are The First Acts To Get The New J Files Treatment
- Matt Bellamy Updates Fans On “Heavy” New Muse Album
- Bob Dylan Adds Final Melbourne And Perth Dates To Australian Tour
- Bob Dylan Adds Second Opera House Show To Australian Tour
- Bob Dylan Adds Opera House Show To Australian Tour