Following on from the head-scratcher of a teaser he dropped recently, Childish Gambino has now released his short film Clapping For The Wrong Reasons in full. The clip also previews snippets of songs, which may or may not be featured on his anticipated new album.
The short film takes a deep look into the personal life and creative process of the rapper, though it’s not as fun and cheery as you may think. Despite hanging out in a glorious mansion surrounded by all his luxurious possessions, hangers-on and celebrity friends – including Danielle Fishel and porn star Abella Anderson – Glover’s character only ever seems to be fulfilled while making music.
The film features cameos from Flying Lotus, Trinidad James and Chance the Rapper so there’s every chance the video could be somehow relevant to the follow-up to Royalty. Whether this was worthy of Glover’s sacrifice of Troy Barnes is for Community fans to decide.
Watch: Childish Gambino – Clapping For The Wrong Reasons (Directors Cut)
- Childish Gambino Unleashes Powerful Poem About Being A “White Rapper”
- Watch Childish Gambino Call Out The World’s Biggest Rappers In Sydney
- Childish Gambino – Sydney, Hordern Pavilion 27/07/14
- Will Childish Gambino And Chance The Rapper Play Splendour Together?
- Childish Gambino Confirms Collaborative EP With Chance The Rapper
- Childish Gambino Upsizes Splendour Sideshow Venue