Following on from the head-scratcher of a teaser he dropped recently, Childish Gambino has now released his short film Clapping For The Wrong Reasons in full. The clip also previews snippets of songs, which may or may not be featured on his anticipated new album.
The short film takes a deep look into the personal life and creative process of the rapper, though it’s not as fun and cheery as you may think. Despite hanging out in a glorious mansion surrounded by all his luxurious possessions, hangers-on and celebrity friends – including Danielle Fishel and porn star Abella Anderson – Glover’s character only ever seems to be fulfilled while making music.
The film features cameos from Flying Lotus, Trinidad James and Chance the Rapper so there’s every chance the video could be somehow relevant to the follow-up to Royalty. Whether this was worthy of Glover’s sacrifice of Troy Barnes is for Community fans to decide.
Watch: Childish Gambino – Clapping For The Wrong Reasons (Directors Cut)
- Childish Gambino Rails Against His Record Label
- Watch Childish Gambino And Chance The Rapper In A 10-Minute Freestyle
- Watch Childish Gambino’s Strange New Short Film ‘Chicken And Futility’
- Review: Childish Gambino – Because The Internet
- Childish Gambino Drops Ted-Esque Ferris-Wheel Video for ’3005′