Ah, the joys of interpreting a random photo. Coachella’s latest post on their Facebook page has sent punters – and in particular, fans of the Rolling Stones – into meltdown.
As 10News reports, just three weeks after a Coachella date appeared on the band’s mobile application (and was quickly taken down) Coachella promoters uploaded a photo of what appeared to be large boulder sitting in a field at the festival’s traditional home, the Empire Polo Grounds in Indio, California.
Couple that with the circling rumours of the Stones playing the festival in April, and Stones fans and festival lovers saw it as further proof that it might just be happening.
However, soon after, a representive for Coachella promoters, Goldenvoice, clarified to Billboard that the object in question is a polo ball, and not a giant boulder.
It’s no secret now that the Stones are itching to do more shows in 2013, following their handful of 50th Anniversary shows at the end of 2012 in London and New Jersey.
Guitarist Keith Richards told Rolling Stone last month that he felt that the shows “went like a dream” and that the band have “barely got off the starting blocks.”
“It would be dopey to bring things up to this level and say, ‘Well, that’s that, 50 years, bye-bye’.”
“I just get the feeling – they’re (the band) itching at the bit now.” There’s one more laugh. “This thing wasn’t enough.”
10News believe that the full Coachella 2013 lineup will be announced on January 13.
- Watch The Rolling Stones’ Adelaide Stage Invader Get Nailed By Security
- The Rolling Stones Release Extra Tickets For ’14 On Fire’ Australian Tour
- Rolling Stones Add British India, The Preatures To Australian Tour
- Watch Foo Fighters Cover The Rolling Stones, Queen And More
- Springsteen Joins The Rolling Stones Onstage For ‘Tumbling Dice’
- Rolling Stones Top Billboard’s Highest Grossing Live Acts List