The Rolling Stones have temporarily leaked news that they are set to play California’s Coachella Valley Music and Arts Festival in April next year.
Rolling Stone, Billboard, and NME all report that two new dates were added to the band’s mobile app overnight, one of which was set for Indio, California on April 12, with ‘Coachella 2013′ listed in the details.
Fans quickly jumped on the news and took a screenshot, which you can see at the top of this page. Within a couple of hours, the dates were taken down.
If this ‘leak’ turns out to be true, it will be a huge drawcard for the popular American Festival, which takes place on two weekends – April 12-14 and April 19-21 next year. Only a handful of smaller acts have so far been confirmed for the event. Consequence of Sound has compiled a list of likely and rumoured acts – click here for the list.
The Rolling Stones have also been heavily rumoured to play Glastonbury 2013; however, the band have also previously said that they have no plans to perform at the festival.
After a brief appearance at the 12.12.12 mega benefit earlier this week, The Rolling Stones play the last of their One Last Shot dates in New Jersey tomorrow morning. Bruce Springsteen, Lady Gaga and The Black Keys are among the guests for the show.
- Rolling Stones Add British India, The Preatures To Australian Tour
- Watch Foo Fighters Cover The Rolling Stones, Queen And More
- Springsteen Joins The Rolling Stones Onstage For ‘Tumbling Dice’
- Rolling Stones Top Billboard’s Highest Grossing Live Acts List
- Sax Appeal: 12 Songs That Prove Saxophones Belong In Rock & Roll
- Rolling Stones Promoter Details The “Horrendous Ride”