Dez Fafara has announced that Coal Chamber will reform to play on the Soundwave 2012 tour. The co-founder of Coal Chamber and current vocalist for DevilDriver announced the reunion shows via the Cold Chamber website today.
The Statement reads:
Coal Chamber is playing Soundwave Down Under! These reunion shows are for the fans that want to see us again as well as all the people that never got to see Coal Chamber. It is and always will be a very special part of my life, so these few shows are for those people and for us. If you’re not from Australia, better get a ticket now to come see this event!
This will be the first time Coal Chamber have played together in over 10 years and it will be the first time they have ever toured Australia.
Guitarist Meegs Rascon said:
Australia has never seen us, nor have we seen them. It will be an extraordinary exchange of energy and adrenaline. Hello Aussies, nice to meet you! This reunion will mark a decade since we last played together, so staring at my brothers on stage face to face will be an emotional rollercoaster for me.
In 2002, the band released their third and final album, Dark Days, and a compilation of several demo tracks and alternate studio recordings in 2003, entitled Giving The Devil His Due.
- The New Coal Chamber Album ‘Rivals’ Is Just A Few Months Away
- First Act Revealed For Soundwave 2013?
- Feist And Mastodon 7 Inch Cover Revealed
- Watch: Slipknot’s SID Final Soundwave Crowd Jump
- Gojira Perform ‘Of Blood And Salt’ With Devin Townsend and Frederik (Meshuggah)
- Watch: Marilyn Manson’s Drunken Australian Tour