Deadmau5 will feature on the Cover of Rolling Stone Magazine this week to celebrate the release of his new The Veldt EP. The cover story follows Deadmau5 as he travels by chartered jet from London to festivals in Norway and Sweden, and Deadmau5 didn’t hold back when it came to expressing his opinion about fellow EDM artists.
“David Guetta has two iPods and a mixer and he just plays tracks – like, ‘Here’s one with Akon, check it out!’”, Deadmau5 says.
He also takes the time to clarify just what Skrillex is up to when he performs: “He has a laptop and a MIDI recorder, and he’s just playing his shit… People are, thank God, smartening up about who does what…but there’s still button-pushers getting paid half a million. And not to say I’m not a button-pusher. I’m just pushing a lot more buttons.”
You can stream Deadmau5′s latest offering The Veldt EP here.
- Future Music Festival 2014 – RNA Showgrounds, Brisbane 01/03/014
- Deadmau5 Has Completed New Double Album
- Deadmau5 Refuses To Play For “Trust Fund Kids”
- Deadmau5 Makes Young Fan “The Most Stoked Kid On The Planet”
- Deadmau5 Launches ‘Deadmau5 Live’ Fan Space