It’s not every day that an Australian DJ/Producer manages to trump one of the biggest acts in the world at the moment. But judging by the latest iTunes charts, today is one of those days, with Flume taking pole position over One Direction with his debut album.
The self-titled release dropped back in November and has wasted no time at all in climbing the ranks. Only a matter of days since the release, the album has hit #1 on the Australian iTunes Charts. At that current position, it lurks above not only One Direction’s Take Me Home (Yearbook Edition) but also the non-yearbook edition (whatever the difference may be there) as well as Rolling Stones super-anticipated, years in the making release GRRR! Now that’s really saying something.
The album has been met with thunderous applause, and by all accounts seems to be a smashing success on behalf of the young producer. It’s good to see that recent blow to the noggin didn’t impact his ability to make music.
So for now, we relax. The One Direction advance has been halted, and good music is finally going where good music should, at #1.
- Rolling Stones Australian Tour Tickets Being Scalped For $3,000
- Michael Gudinski: “I Never Thought I’d Be Working With The Rolling Stones”
- 30 Seconds To Mars Switch Melbourne Venue To Satisfy Rolling Stones
- The Rolling Stones Vs Australia: A Short History
- The Rolling Stones Australian Tour ’14 On Fire’ Announced