British indie band Elbow have announced a Splendour 2011 Sydney sideshow in the lead up to the festival where the band will be headlining with Kanye West and Coldplay.
The show will be at the Enmore Theatre on the 29th of July and will be the band’s first show since their V Festival appearance back in 2009.
Mark Potter spoke with Sun Herald about his excitement in coming back to Australia “We’re really buzzing to get back to Australia to show people our new show, People wondered, ‘Oh, what are they doing? It’s going to be awful, a horrible experience,’ and we wanted to prove to them that it can still work. People have told us they feel like they’re at a family party so, hopefully, we achieved it.”
Elbow recently released Build a Rocket, Boys!, their fifth studio album. They will be appearing at Splendour in the Grass at the Woodfordia site between 29th – 31st of July. Tickets are still on sale.
29th of July
Tickets are on sale soon through ticketek.com.au
More Splendour in the Grass 2011 sideshows have been announced!
- Elbow Announce Second And Final Melbourne Show
- Elbow Announce Second Sydney Show
- Elbow Australian Tour 2014 Announced
- Elbow’s Guy Garvey Confesses He Uses A Teleprompter At Shows
- Elbow Finally Name Sixth Album
- Elbow Have Started Working On Their New Album