Daft Punk have added 70′s disco superstar Giorgio Moroder to their list of collaborators for what is widely tipped to be their new album.
Moroder said he entered a vocal booth loaded with various vintage microphones and was asked to relay stories about his life. The microphone he used depended on which decade of his life he was speaking about.
Moroder joins the likes of Nile Rodgers and Paul Williams as musos who have recently hung out with Daft Punk to create some new material.
Daft Punk are yet to reveal any official details about their as-yet-untitled album, but Williams has previously hinted the album could surface as early as next month. Watch this space.
- Listen To Giorgio Moroder’s First Single In 22 Years, ‘Giorgio’s Theme’
- Arcade Fire Troll Coachella Audience With Help Of Daft Punk
- Pet Shop Boys, Pixies, Giorgio Moroder & More For Vivid LIVE 2014 Lineup
- LISTEN: Daft Punk & Jay-Z – ‘Computerized’
- American National Monument Rejects Daft Punk Show