Gotye has taken to twitter to confirm that he is alive and well after rumours of his death spread across the social network tonight. The death hoax was sparked by a report on CNN ‘iReport’ however, according to zap2it, anyone with an internet connection can post an “iReport” on their site.
The iReport featured the following text:
At 4:32 AM EST, it was reported that Gotye had shot himself in the head with a 9mm handgun. He was pronounced dead at 4:45 AM, and the investigation concluded that the cause of death was suicide. It was confirmed shortly after by family and friends. He was quickly taken to the Central Montmorency Hospital, but died from his injuries shortly after. His family has stated that they plan a closed funeral.
Just minutes ago Gotye tweeted “I’m Not Dead”.
Gotye will come home to Australia for a run of dates in December later this year, you can view all the tour dates here.
I’m not dead. #Pinkalbumtitles
— gotye (@gotye) July 1, 2012
His management also dispelled the rumour:
We’re happy to report Wally is alive and well. Tell your friends :)
— GotyeHQ (@GotyeHQ) July 1, 2012
- Listen: The Great Gatsby Official Soundtrack Sample: Gotye, The xx, Sia + More
- 1 Billion Singles Downloaded In UK, Gotye Places In All-Time Top 10
- Julia Gillard Cuts Sick On Her Very Own Spotify Playlist
- Gotye First Aussie Male To Win Record Of The Year – Grammys Wrap
- Gotye $1.80 Favourite To Win ‘Record Of The Year’ At The Grammys