Gotye has taken to twitter to confirm that he is alive and well after rumours of his death spread across the social network tonight. The death hoax was sparked by a report on CNN ‘iReport’ however, according to zap2it, anyone with an internet connection can post an “iReport” on their site.
The iReport featured the following text:
At 4:32 AM EST, it was reported that Gotye had shot himself in the head with a 9mm handgun. He was pronounced dead at 4:45 AM, and the investigation concluded that the cause of death was suicide. It was confirmed shortly after by family and friends. He was quickly taken to the Central Montmorency Hospital, but died from his injuries shortly after. His family has stated that they plan a closed funeral.
Just minutes ago Gotye tweeted “I’m Not Dead”.
Gotye will come home to Australia for a run of dates in December later this year, you can view all the tour dates here.
I’m not dead. #Pinkalbumtitles
— gotye (@gotye) July 1, 2012
His management also dispelled the rumour:
We’re happy to report Wally is alive and well. Tell your friends :)
— GotyeHQ (@GotyeHQ) July 1, 2012
- Pete Wentz Helped Sia Make Australian Music History At Last Night’s APRA Music Awards
- Six Video Highlights From Triple J’s Beat The Drum Birthday Gig
- Watch 40 Triple J Favourites Try To Write The Ultimate Hottest 100 Song
- triple j’s ‘Beat The Drum’ Birthday Concert Lineup Expands
- The Basics Warn Victoria: “Do Not Get Complacent”
- The Basics’ New Song ‘The Lucky Country’ Is A Wake Up Call To Australia