Image for International Act Pull Out Of Soundwave 2016

International Act Pull Out Of Soundwave 2016

Written by Sam Murphy on December 17, 2015

UPDATE 17/12/15 5.50pm: Soundwave 2016 has been officially cancelled.

We’re still waiting to hear whether or not Soundwave 2016 will got ahead at all but the festival has suffered another blow with international act L7 pulling out.

The LA rock band who rose to fame in the ’90s took to their Facebook to announce the news saying that circumstances beyond their control have forced them to pull out of the festival.

“Believe us when we say that we are as disappointed as you are,” they wrote.

“We will try our damnedest to get to you in 2016, maybe even club shows as many of you have requested. KEEP THE FAITH! We hope to see you all soon.”

It’s unknown whether the band’s cancellation is related to the problems that Soundwave is currently experiencing or not.

Earlier this week Bring Me The Horizon said that they weren’t 100% confirmed for the festival. In a statement yesterday organiser AJ Maddah said that ticketing company Eventopia had failed “to give SW a scheduled advance to pay deposits to NOFX and [Bring Me The Horizon].” At this stage it’s still unclear whether Bring Me The Horizon will play if the festival does go ahead.

Maddah was expected to announce the fate of the 2016 event yesterday but he’s yet to give an update. Soundwave will definitely not go ahead in 2017.

RELATED: The Truth Behind The Death Of Soundwave Festival

Watch: L7 – Pretend We’re Dead

ATTENTION AUSTRALIADue to circumstances beyond our control, L7 will not be performing at this year’s Soundwave…

Posted by L7 Official on Wednesday, 16 December 2015

Join Music Feeds on Facebook

monitoring_string = "5ddc797c5ea15f4a20f5b456893873a5"