Jack White has confirmed that The Raconteurs, or as they’re known in Australia The Saboteurs, have been working on new material. According to Alternative Addiction, White told Rolling Stone that The Raconteurs have recorded a few new tracks in Nashville in a newly built studio.
“All The Raconteurs and all The Dead Weather live in Nashville now, so we often go on trips together, because we’re all just good pals. “We’ve recorded some things, too. And [guitarist and co-frontman] Brendan [Benson] and the Raconteurs just built a new studio right in town, so it’s a lot of great inspiration going around.”
In other recent White-related news, the multifaceted musician has been selected to be official ambassador for Record Store Day 2013. Accepting the role of spokesperson, White issued a statement touching on current stay-at-home segregated music listener culture:
Getting out of your chair at home to experience something in the real world has started to become a rare occurrence, and to a lot of people, an unnecessary one. Why go to a bookstore and get a real book? You can just download it. Why talk to other human beings, discuss different authors, writing styles and influences? Just click your mouse. Well here’s what they’ll someday learn if they have a soul; there’s no romance in a mouse click.
- Watch Jack White’s Impromptu Dead Weather Reunion During Solo Gig
- Watch First Aid Kit Cover Jack White On ‘Like A Version’
- Watch Jack White Crash Beck’s Encore
- Jack White Just Played A 33-Song, 3-Hour Set, The Longest Of His Career
- Jack White Turns Lorde’s ‘Royals’ Into A Blues Dirge
- Watch Jack White’s Surprise Jay-Z, ‘Pulp Fiction’ Fusion