All By My Side, the biographical tale of Jimi Hendrix focusing on his time in England between 1966-1967, has finally been given the thumbs up for pre-production. As fans of Hendrix will know, it was during this period that the guitar legend recorded his incredible debut Are You Experienced.
The primarly photographic concept has been on paper for a while now, though was knocked back by Experience Hendrix and CEO Janie Hendrix, Jimi’s sister, who made it known many times in the past that: “no such film, were it to include original music or copyrights created by Jimi Hendrix, can be undertaken without its full participation”.
Speculation has been circulating about who will be casted to play Hendrix, with Andre 3000 officially announced, then officially removed from the cast, but today once again added as the lead actor.
The Ireland Film & Television Association has confirmed work will begin, starting in three weeks time. John Ridley (U-Turn, and Three Kings) has been attached to direct.
- Jimi Hendrix Album Banned 47 Years After Release
- Misheard Lyrics Study Says You’re Not The Only One Who Can’t Understand Ozzy
- WATCH: First Footage Of Andre 3000 In Jimi Hendrix Biopic
- Jimi Hendrix’s London Flat To Become Museum
- Andre 3000 As Jimi Hendrix In New Film: First Official Picture
- Jimi Hendrix, Paul McCartney And Miles Davis: The Supergroup That Almost Happened