Not content with calling his son ‘Lennon’ and carving out a career from cloying mimicry of the Fab Four, Liam Gallagher is planning on making a film about the Beatles, and he wants Johnny Depp to take one of the lead roles.
Beady Eye frontman Gallagher is behind the adaptation of The Longest Cocktail Party by Richard DiLello, who went from tea boy to director of public relations at the Beatles’ Apple Corps company in the sixties.
In an interview with Q magazine (via Contact Music), Gallagher said,
“The film script is done. It’s gonna blow people’s minds, man. I’m just waiting to find out when we choose the actors.
“I want Johnny Depp to play Derek Taylor [Beatles press officer]. It’s got Johnny Depp written all over it, man.”
And it seems such an idea is not impossible, as Depp became friends with the Gallagher brothers and Oasis back in the nineties when it was trendy for Americans to do so. Depp played guitar on the Oasis song Fade In-Out.
In the mean time, Beady Eye are said to be planning to release a new album next year. Gallagher told MTV News, “We’ve started and it’s sounding good – we’re not messing about. We’ll have bits of time off, but we won’t be sitting around watching Jeremy Kyle, we’ll be in the studio.”
He has also told XFM, “We’re going to finish the tour about Christmas time, then about February go in the studio and hopefully have it out by summer. We’re not going to rush it, but we’re not going to fuck about either. We’ve got the songs, we’re ready to go.”
- A Bob Dylan, Beatles, Rolling Stones Collaboration Almost Happened
- Police Sneak Oasis Song Titles Into Statement About Stolen Oasis Painting
- Liam Gallagher’s Beady Eye “Are No Longer”
- Metallica’s Lars Ulrich Outs Himself As A Lifelong Oasis Fan
- Watch Tourists Block Traffic On The Abbey Road Crossing Live Feed
- US Network Developing Beatles TV Series Doesn’t Have Music Rights