Fresh from talking about their new album, the announcement of a concert date in San Diego and rumours of being on the bill for Coachella next year, Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds have released a new song.
The track is the interestingly-titled We No Who U R, and it’s the first cut from their forthcoming album Push the Sky Away, which is set for release February 13.
As we reported earlier this week, Push the Sky Away is the band’s 15th studio album, and was recorded in a 19th century mansion turned recording studio in the south of France – known as ‘La Fabrique’. It has been described as a “sonic soundscape” and is the result of the band using any instrument they could find to realise their vision for the album.
“I enter the studio with a handful of ideas, unformed and pupal; it’s the Bad Seeds that transform them into things of wonder,” Nick Cave said. “Ask anyone who has seen them at work. They are unlike any other band on earth for pure, instinctive inventiveness.”
Listen to We No Who U R below and give us your thoughts.
- Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds Unveil New Song ‘Give Us A Kiss’
- BIGSOUND 2013 Announces Nick Cave As Keynote Speaker
- Nick Cave Discusses His Scrapped ‘Gladiator 2′ Screenplay
- Nick Cave Stars In Documentary About His 20,000th Day On Earth
- Nick Cave And The Bad Seeds Allow Music To Be Used In New $6 Million SA Tourism Campaign