Fresh from talking about their new album, the announcement of a concert date in San Diego and rumours of being on the bill for Coachella next year, Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds have released a new song.
The track is the interestingly-titled We No Who U R, and it’s the first cut from their forthcoming album Push the Sky Away, which is set for release February 13.
As we reported earlier this week, Push the Sky Away is the band’s 15th studio album, and was recorded in a 19th century mansion turned recording studio in the south of France – known as ‘La Fabrique’. It has been described as a “sonic soundscape” and is the result of the band using any instrument they could find to realise their vision for the album.
“I enter the studio with a handful of ideas, unformed and pupal; it’s the Bad Seeds that transform them into things of wonder,” Nick Cave said. “Ask anyone who has seen them at work. They are unlike any other band on earth for pure, instinctive inventiveness.”
Listen to We No Who U R below and give us your thoughts.
- Nick Cave Helped Design A Skateboard And You Can Buy One
- Nick Cave Wants To Put Your Sentimental Crap In His Museum
- Final Extra Show Added To Nick Cave’s Australian Tour
- Meredith Music Festival Says No Damon Albarn, Nick Cave In 2014
- Nick Cave: “The Music My Kids Listen To Makes Me Want To Self-Harm”
- Final Shows Added To Nick Cave’s Australian Tour