Black Sabbath has released a new YouTube clip previewing a track from their forthcoming album 13 in which the cover art for the album burns into shape to a soundtrack of riff-tastic new material.
Although the title of the new song, you can hear frontman Ozzy Osbourne sing for the first time on a Sabbath album since 1978s Never Say Die!, with the clip ending as Ozzy cooly delivers the lyric, “Nowhere to run, nowhere to hide“.
13 has been 35 years in the making. The album has been produced by Rick Rubin while Rage Against The Machine drummer Brad Wilk filling in for the exiled Bill Ward. You can check out the previously released behind-the scenes-doco for 13, which also features snippets from the record.
Stereoboard have kindly listed the various editions of 13:
• Standard CD album
• Double CD album in a deluxe soft-pack (includes a second disc of exclusive bonus audio material)
• 12″ heavyweight (180g) vinyl album in a gatefold sleeve
• Super Deluxe Box Set: limited edition 12″ clamshell box set which contains:
– Deluxe double CD album
– 12″ heavyweight (180g) vinyl album in a gatefold sleeve
– Exclusive DVD containing ‘Black Sabbath–The Re-union’ documentary
– 5 behind-the-scenes videos
– Download card containing exclusive track by track interview with Black Sabbath
– Exclusive ’13’ art print
– 13 exclusive photographic prints and hand written album lyrics
That’s a lot of goodies. Although 13 is still a while away from being released, Black Sabbath will be in Australia for a national tour that now includes Adelaide, as well as Brisbane, Sydney, Melbourne and Perth. All versions of 13 will be available when the album is released internationally on 11th June.
Listen: Black Sabbath – New Track Preview