Police have warned Splendour In The Grass festival goers that they will be targeting drink and drug driving tonight in Byron Bay. Speaking with the frasercoastchronicle, Splendour in the Grass field commander Inspector Gary Cowan said: “Police will be out in force over the Splendour period targeting drink and drug driving. The RBT bus and random roadside drug testing bus will be set up in the Byron Bay area.”
Sources are telling Music Feeds there is currently a Police drug bus operation set up on the corner of Bangalow Rd and Broken Head Rd (Red Devil Park). If you are leaving the festival by car tonight make sure you have a sober driver otherwise call a cab or jump on the shuttle bus service provided by the festival.
Splendour In the Grass will wind up tomorrow night with a headline set from Billy Corgan’s Smashing Pumpkins. You can check up all the day two updates from onsite at the festival here.
Byron Bay Taxis
Telephone: (02) 6685 5008
Check out more information about the shuttle bus services here.
- Splendour In The Grass Review: Azealia Banks
- The Smashing Pumpkins Bring Splendour To A Dazzling End
- Splendour In The Grass Review: Fun.
- 360 Tells Fans: “Don’t Fight The Haters”
- Azealia Banks “Super Sorry” For The Short Set At Splendour
- Splendour In The Grass Review: Django Django