Red Hot Chili Peppers will perform before the Dalai Lama. The gig will happen on the 11th May at Maitripa College, Portland as part of the Dalai Lama’s annual environmental summit. There are no tickets for sale so those wanting to see RHCP in action will have to attend the entire event.
In his autobiography, Scar Tissue, frontman, Anthony Kiedis, writes of meeting the Dalai Lama and the summit’s official website notes that the Red Hot Chili Peppers have long been supporters of the Tibetan cause:
The musical element of this event is intended to be a display of joyful celebration and an inspiration to future generations to care for our planet. The Red Hot Chili Peppers have been great supporters of the Tibetan cause, of His Holiness the Dalai Lama, and of the need to work to protect and preserve our environment.
No word yet from the RHCP on their upcoming performance at the Dalai Lama’s summit. The band recently headlined the first weekend of Coachella 2013.
- New “Super Danceable” Red Hot Chili Peppers Album Expected In 2015
- Red Hot Chili Peppers “Already Up To 28 Or 30 Songs” For New Album
- Big Day Out’s Greatest Hits
- Will Ferrell & Chad Smith Set Sights On Lars Ulrich For Next Drum-Off
- Watch Will Ferrell And Chad Smith Drum Off On ‘The Tonight Show’
- Chad Smith To Most Likely Destroy Will Ferrell In Drum-Off Next Week