Red Hot Chili Peppers will perform before the Dalai Lama. The gig will happen on the 11th May at Maitripa College, Portland as part of the Dalai Lama’s annual environmental summit. There are no tickets for sale so those wanting to see RHCP in action will have to attend the entire event.
In his autobiography, Scar Tissue, frontman, Anthony Kiedis, writes of meeting the Dalai Lama and the summit’s official website notes that the Red Hot Chili Peppers have long been supporters of the Tibetan cause:
The musical element of this event is intended to be a display of joyful celebration and an inspiration to future generations to care for our planet. The Red Hot Chili Peppers have been great supporters of the Tibetan cause, of His Holiness the Dalai Lama, and of the need to work to protect and preserve our environment.
No word yet from the RHCP on their upcoming performance at the Dalai Lama’s summit. The band recently headlined the first weekend of Coachella 2013.
- Red Hot Chili Peppers Drummer Receives Death Threats Following Soccer Jersey Incident
- Lollapalooza 2014 Chile And Argentina Lineups Announced
- Damon Albarn, Alex Kapranos, Flea And Nick Zinner To Release Track For Charity
- WATCH: Anthony Kiedis Mistaken For Rolling Stones Fan, Fights With Security
- Red Hot Chili Peppers To Begin Work On New Album In September