Slash will be touring Australia this August on the back of his latest album Apocalyptic Love. Joined by his band Myles Kennedy and the Conspirators, they’ll be visiting most capital cities, including Brisbane, Sydney, Melbourne, Adelaide and Perth.
Triple M, who will be presenting the tour, spoke with Slash this morning, saying:
“We’re coming down and doing a bunch of dates all through August. [Australia] is one of my favourite places to play and in the last two years I’ve been over here and played a bunch [of times]. We’ve been very well-received in Australia, to put it bluntly.”
NME has repoted that Myles Kennedy from Alter Bridge will be providing the vocals for Apocalyptic Love. Kennedy has previously worked with Slash on the guitarist’s first self-titled solo record and was the frontman during Slash’s 2010-11 world tour.
Yesterday we saw the release of a new video for the first single You’re a Lie, taken from the new album, which is due for release in Australia tomorrow.
Tickets will go on sale 9am Friday, 1st June.
Slash Australian Tour 2012 Dates
Thursday 23rd August
The Riverstage, Brisbane
Saturday 25th August
Sydney Entertainment Centre
Sunday 26th August
Hisense Arena, Melbourne
Tuesday 28th August
Thebarton Theatre, Adelaide
Thursday 30th August
Metro City, Perth
- WATCH: Stone Temple Pilots Play With Slash And Duff; Release Statement About Weiland Lawsuit
- The Dead Daisies Release Interactive Short Film For Lock ‘N’ Load Featuring Slash
- Slash Jumps On Stage With DJ Chuckie And Betatraxx At Ultra Music Festival
- Axl Rose’s Tardiness May Cost Him Guitar Hero Lawsuit
- Slash Doesn’t Want To Work With Scott Weiland Again