Smashing Pumpkins have announced some Australian tour dates on the back of their appearance on the Spelendour in the Grass 2012 lineup this July. Dubbed the Oceania tour, after their new album, they’ll be playing shows in Perth, Sydney, Melbourne and then flying over to play in Auckland. Wolfmother will support the band on their Sydney and Melbourne dates.
Oceania is the band’s first album with new drummer Mike Byrne and bassist Nicole Fiorentino, who both joined the group following the Pumpkins’ last album Zeitgeist in 2007.
Recently Billy Corgan told fans not to expect many of his old hits, unless they are from his new album Oceania, which is due for release in June. But it’ll still be an awesome show anyway!
General on sale at 9am on Wednesday 9 May
Thursday 26 July – Challenge Stadium, Perth
With Special Guests to be announced
Tuesday 31 July – Entertainment Centre, Sydney
Thursday 2 August – Hisense Arena, Melbourne
Saturday 4 August Vector Arena, Auckland
- Two Potential Soundwave 2015 Headliners Nixed
- Smashing Pumpkins Have Lost Yet Another Drummer
- Billy Corgan Explains “Indescribably Epic” Tommy Lee Collaboration
- Tommy Lee Drumming On The Smashing Pumpkins’ New Album
- That’s Beef: 11 Of The Lamest Feuds In Music