Smashing Pumpkins have announced some Australian tour dates on the back of their appearance on the Spelendour in the Grass 2012 lineup this July. Dubbed the Oceania tour, after their new album, they’ll be playing shows in Perth, Sydney, Melbourne and then flying over to play in Auckland. Wolfmother will support the band on their Sydney and Melbourne dates.
Oceania is the band’s first album with new drummer Mike Byrne and bassist Nicole Fiorentino, who both joined the group following the Pumpkins’ last album Zeitgeist in 2007.
Recently Billy Corgan told fans not to expect many of his old hits, unless they are from his new album Oceania, which is due for release in June. But it’ll still be an awesome show anyway!
General on sale at 9am on Wednesday 9 May
Thursday 26 July – Challenge Stadium, Perth
With Special Guests to be announced
Tuesday 31 July – Entertainment Centre, Sydney
Thursday 2 August – Hisense Arena, Melbourne
Saturday 4 August Vector Arena, Auckland
- #The Smashing Pumpkins
- Billy Corgan Slams Christian Rock But Says God Is The Future Of Music
- Marilyn Manson Tells Larry King: “Billy Corgan Got Mad At Me For Saying He Looked Like Charlie Brown”
- Billy ‘Bingo’ Corgan Hosts Monthly Bingo Nights At Chicago Tea House
- Smashing Pumpkins Begin Work On New Album
- Smashing Pumpkins New Album In 2014? – World Tour Dates Announced