The next two albums in the line of deluxe re-issues from Smashing Pumpkins Mellon Collie and the Infinite Sadness and Aeroplane Flies High are due very soon, and as you’d expect, it has a wide variety of bonus material for both. Melon Collie itself will have up to 75 previously unreleased tracks.
Last year their first two albums (1991′s Gish and 1993′s Siamese Dream) were the first to get a deluxe release with a bonus CD + DVD that contained the original remastered albums with previously unreleased versions of the album tracks, booklets containing liner notes, and track-by-track annotations. But for the next round of re-issues it appears Billy Corgan is trying to push the limits on bonus material.
In an email sent by Corgan to SP news website Crestfallen, he details the features for both box sets, saying that he is listening to suggestions from fans and is planning on releasing a compilation of the best tracks from the 1995 Double Door shows. He also mentions he is working hard on over 75 unreleased/alt mixes for Mellon Collie, and in addition, will be working on more songs for a future SP deluxe release as well.
There are plans to release Adore as a stand alone re-issue after these, but will likely merge Machina/The Machines of God and Machina II: The Friends and Enemies of Modern Music into one package.
Their new album Oceania is due for release in Australia on June 22. They’ll also be appearing on the Splendour in the Grass 2012 lineup in July.
- Here’s How Billy Corgan Would Handle A Kanye West Stage Invasion
- Billy Corgan Says There’s No Thirst For Culture In Adelaide
- Smashing Pumpkins, Gerard Way – Melbourne, Festival Hall 23/02/15
- Watch Billy Corgan Get Emotional In Smashing Pumpkins ‘Being Beige’ Video
- Billy Corgan Says Smashing Pumpkins Shouldn’t Be “Arty” Anymore
- Final Acts Added To Soundwave 2015 Lineup