After recently appearing at Soundwave 2012 with Slipknot, Corey Taylor has been looking towards recording with his side project Stone Sour, and as reported by Blabber Mouth, the plan is to release a new record this October.
As Music Feeds previously reported, Taylor said of the upcoming album, “Right now we’re (Stone Sour) just working on demos… and a pretty grandiose idea that I’ve been kind of chewing on for a long time…On a musical scale, artistically, visually, we’re going to swing for the fences with this one. If we can pull it off, it would be really cool and… put a lot of people in their place. I’m really excited to get working on it”.
More recently Stone Sour guitarist Josh Rand added, “This album will be another progression for the band. Musically, we have always challenged one another to push things to our limits, and this record is no exception… Lyrically, the album follows one character to that complex moment in his life, when he finally has to decide which path to take. It’s a spiritual and moral power play for control of what this man will be for the rest of his life. Each song will tell the story from different sides of the character’s personality, with the listener ultimately deciding how the story ends.”
As of yet there is no title for the upcoming record.
Right now, the new SS album, which does have a title but I won’t give it away yet, is slated to be released Oct 2012.
— Corey fuckin’ Taylor (@CoreyTaylorRock) May 1, 2012
Watch: Stone Sour – Hesitate
- Corey Taylor: “The New Slipknot Album Is 98 Percent Done”
- Corey Taylor Says Slipknot Will “Never Be The Same” Without Paul Gray
- Jim Root Fired From Stone Sour, New Slipknot Album Almost Done
- Corey Taylor Calls Out KISS For “Petty” & “Ridiculous” Hall Of Fame Saga
- Slipknot To Begin “Major” Work On New Album Next Month
- Corey Taylor And Dave Grohl In New Heavy Metal Super-Project