The Jezabels have unveiled the details of their forthcoming sophomore studio effort, titled The Brink. The album will be available in-store and digitally on 31st January and has already yielded the single and awesome accompanying video, The End, which readers can check out below.
“To me, pop is the darkest music of all,” says singer Hayley Mary. “If you look not at what pop artists are consciously doing but at what they’re reflecting about the world, pop is the most twisted, weird and scary stuff. If you wanted to study the Earth from an alien perspective, listen to pop music.”
Keeping that contradiction in mind, The Jezabels set off to work on The Brink, the follow-up to 2012’s Prisoner. Following a marathon cycle of sold-out shows spread over two long years of touring, the band resettled in London to pull together a dark and sweeping album of alt-rock.
The band are currently on tour opening for Depeche Mode before they join alternative legends The Pixies for a handful of shows on their UK tour. The Jezabels will then return home to Australia to play St Jerome’s Laneway Festival 2014.
Watch: The Jezabels – The End
The Brink Tracklisting
1. The Brink (4:47)
2. Time To Dance (4:39)
3. Look Of Love (4:01)
4. Beat T o Beat (4:16)
5. Angels Of Fire (4:03)
6. No Country (4:33)
7. The End (4:00)
8. Got Velvet (4:26)
9. Psychotherapy (4:44)
10. All You Need (4:58)
- Violent Soho, The Jezabels & John Butler Trio Headline Big Pineapple Music Festival 2015
- Watch 40 Triple J Favourites Try To Write The Ultimate Hottest 100 Song
- The Jezabels, The Cat Empire Lead Inaugural Party In The Park Lineup
- Festival Of The Sun 2014 Lineup
- Queenscliff Music Festival Lineup 2014
- The Jezabels – Opera House, Sydney 29/04/14