Image for The Strokes Aren’t Writing New Music, Says Albert Hammond Jr.

The Strokes Aren’t Writing New Music, Says Albert Hammond Jr.

Written by Sarah Bella on October 19, 2013

The Strokes making new music? Not so, says guitarist Albert Hammond Jr., denying last week’s claim by the New York City indie rock outfit that they were making new music and set to return to the live scene next year.

The message was part of a mail-out to fans of the quintet, promoting Hammond’s new solo EP AHJ, in which The Strokes couldn’t help having a little dig at their bandmate, saying, “while The Strokes are toiling and writing, looking at 2014 for a return to the scene, Albert Hammond Jr. has been busy on his solo EP.”

But Hammond shut down the statement in an interview with Billboard, saying, “We don’t know anything yet. There’s no news or information. We’re not writing or doing anything – maybe individually we are, but it’s not like we’re in the studio or anything.”

That’s a far cry from his enthusiasm earlier in the year, when he told NME there could be “10 more Strokes albums in the future”. AHJ, the follow-up to his first two releases Yours To Keep and ¿Cómo Te Llama?, was released earlier in the month through Strokes frontman Julian Casablancas‘ Cult Records label.

(via NME)

Join Music Feeds on Facebook

monitoring_string = "5ddc797c5ea15f4a20f5b456893873a5"