Motley Crue’s sometimes famous, sometimes infamous drummer Tommy Lee is known for being the kind of mad dog to pull crazy stunts on stage. It was these same mad dog antics that may have landed the sticks man in a bit of hot water.
During a tour with the legendary band last year, Lee took things to the next level, bringing a roller coaster on stage with him. The drummer would then proceed to play as him and his kit were slowly rotated vertically in a full circle, pausing for a moment to play upside down. Okay, I’m not giving it justice but the thing was freaking sweet. Though not everyone thought so.
Scott King, a Los Angeles-based engineer has sent a very angry letter to the bands legal team detailing how Lee stole the idea which King pitched to him back in 1991. Lee apparently shut down the idea on the spot. Though Motley Crue’s lawyers instantly fired back claiming that King never pitched the idea, and the two concepts are totally different.
The disgruntled engineer however, has every intention of pursuing legal again, according to Contact Music
Take a look at the stunt below
- The Smashing Pumpkins Pair With Tommy Lee For New Track ‘Being Beige’
- Billy Corgan Explains “Indescribably Epic” Tommy Lee Collaboration
- Tommy Lee Drumming On The Smashing Pumpkins’ New Album
- Mötley Crüe To Legally Break Up After ‘The Final Tour’
- Tommy Lee Bids Farewell To 360 Drum Kit Roller Coaster
- Deadmau5: ‘I Fucking Hate Kanye’