Members of hate group Westboro Baptist Church have taken to Twitter to suggest they may picket the funeral of Slayer guitarist Jeff Hanneman, tweeting “Which of your idols will God kill next? Yesterday Chris Kelly, Today Jeff Hanneman” along with the hashtags #Slayer and #PicketFunerals.
This should come as no surprise to anyone familiar with the extremists from Kansas, whose livelihood stems from their disgusting funeral protests. The hatemongers specialise in picketing the funerals of gay murder victims and those who’ve died of AIDS, but also protest at the services for fallen soldiers, victims of natural disasters and any celebrity that will attract media attention. Their whack-job behaviour also includes stating that 9/11 was God’s punishment for tolerance, calling Barack Obama the antichrist and, uh, picketing Radiohead concerts.
Jeff Hanneman’s funeral arrangements are yet to be made. The metal legend passed away on 2nd May from liver failure, aged 49. We’d almost like to see the WBC try and turn up at such an event – lord knows a churchful of angry Slayer fans would help them peacefully see the error of their ways.
— Westboro Baptist (@WBCSays) May 2, 2013
- Dave Lombardo On Slayer: “I Made, On Tour, In 2011, $67,000″
- Dave Mustaine: ‘I Have No Problem With Other Big Four Members’
- Kerry King Says He’s ‘Proud’ Of New Slayer Album Material
- Dave Lombardo To Join John Zorn At Adelaide Festival
- Slayer’s Tom Araya Reveals Reason Behind Dave Lombardo’s Departure